Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This particular Security Update 2022-004 Catalina progress bar does not move for 3 hours, had to abrroptly shut down interrupting the process

Anybody had the same issue? I had to reinstall MacOS Catalina, not sure if I should try to install this patch again... ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 21, 2022 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 7:54 AM

GnVn wrote:

Anybody had the same issue? I had to reinstall MacOS Catalina, not sure if I should try to install this patch again... ?

If you reinstalled the macOS I would suspect the security patch was included...(?)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

if it shows up in software update—give it another try. If you still have an issue, reboot into Safeboot and then run the security update

You can check your macOS build number and compare—

>About this Mac click on the Version Number to see the build

10.15.7 (19H1922) May 16, 2022

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 7:54 AM in response to GnVn

GnVn wrote:

If you reinstalled the macOS I would suspect the security patch was included...(?)

if it shows up in software update—give it another try. If you still have an issue, reboot into Safeboot and then run the security update

You can check your macOS build number and compare—

>About this Mac click on the Version Number to see the build

10.15.7 (19H1922) May 16, 2022

This particular Security Update 2022-004 Catalina progress bar does not move for 3 hours, had to abrroptly shut down interrupting the process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.