Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does migration wipe the previous PC clean?

I am in the process of migrated my docs to my new IMAC however I prefer to just duplicate the files, so that I can you either devices to access my data. is that possible?

Posted on May 21, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 8:24 AM

Ah, then I'd recommend moving the data you want to migrate to an External Hard Disk and then do a drag and drop. You can attempt Wi-Fi however it is quite unreliable, my recommendation for a PC to Mac migration is to use Migration Assistant and ensure both computers are on the same network connected by an Ethernet connection. Please follow Apple's suggestions in Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support. If you run into a hitch along the way then please call AppleCare ASAP and they should be able to guide you along. In the USA that phone number is (800) 285-2273, outside the USA please use the AppleCare Contact Info to find the number in your area. By the way, welcome to the light side!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 8:24 AM in response to bashiyra

Ah, then I'd recommend moving the data you want to migrate to an External Hard Disk and then do a drag and drop. You can attempt Wi-Fi however it is quite unreliable, my recommendation for a PC to Mac migration is to use Migration Assistant and ensure both computers are on the same network connected by an Ethernet connection. Please follow Apple's suggestions in Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support. If you run into a hitch along the way then please call AppleCare ASAP and they should be able to guide you along. In the USA that phone number is (800) 285-2273, outside the USA please use the AppleCare Contact Info to find the number in your area. By the way, welcome to the light side!

does migration wipe the previous PC clean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.