Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appletvstuck

My Apple TV is stuck on computers&settings screen and my remote is not sending any commands to the tv.I’ve tried turning it off unplugging it restarting it but nothing is changing does anyone have any advice or ways to fix this?

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on May 21, 2022 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 7:39 PM

If you see only Computers and Settings, then the Apple TV wasn’t able to retrieve the other ‘apps’ from the remote servers. Restart both your router and Apple TV to have them try again. The issue is the internet connection.

If your remote doesn’t do anything, then you may need to link it again to the box. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support. Do both steps: first the unlinking, then the linking.

If your remote doesn’t do anything, then the battery may be depleted. Consider replacing it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 7:39 PM in response to AppleTvcomputersandsettings

If you see only Computers and Settings, then the Apple TV wasn’t able to retrieve the other ‘apps’ from the remote servers. Restart both your router and Apple TV to have them try again. The issue is the internet connection.

If your remote doesn’t do anything, then you may need to link it again to the box. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support. Do both steps: first the unlinking, then the linking.

If your remote doesn’t do anything, then the battery may be depleted. Consider replacing it.

Appletvstuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.