Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drain battery after update ios 15.5

I have update ios 15.5, i think the update good there another bugs for drain battery on my iphone Xr.

Posted on May 21, 2022 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 9:02 PM

yadi2010 Said:

"Drain battery after update ios 15.5: I have update ios 15.5, i think the update good there another bugs for drain battery on my iphone Xr."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Battery Drain Info:

The iPhone battery will drain, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. As for how fast it would drain the battery, that would depend on the battery health and the volume (sound) you use.  Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support - Scroll down to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

Troubleshooting the Battery:

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 9:02 PM in response to yadi2010

yadi2010 Said:

"Drain battery after update ios 15.5: I have update ios 15.5, i think the update good there another bugs for drain battery on my iphone Xr."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Battery Drain Info:

The iPhone battery will drain, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. As for how fast it would drain the battery, that would depend on the battery health and the volume (sound) you use.  Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support - Scroll down to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

Troubleshooting the Battery:

May 21, 2022 9:07 PM in response to yadi2010

yadi2010 Said:

-------

Troubleshooting Updates:

Restore from a Backup:

Did you back up your iPhone prior to performing the update. If so, restore your iPhone from it. If not, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your device. In doing so, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong after the update.

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part. Inform Apple of this. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this occurred after installing an update, and how you have troubleshot it this far. Include the URL of this post when providing the feedback.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jun 4, 2022 9:22 AM in response to dawiese

Yup it’s draining the battery like crazy. And now my iPhone 8 will only charge when it’s off, and it charges super slow. This update has RUINED my phone!! It’s at 17% now so I have probably 5 minutes to find a miracle fix before it dies and I have to charge it for like 8 hours. iOS 15.5 has destroyed my phone, and it’s so frustrating that we can’t just easily go back to the previous version. Now my phone ***** and the only thing I did wrong was trust apple enough to allow automatic updates.

Jun 20, 2022 9:43 AM in response to yadi2010

I have an iPhone 7 and have the problem too. I found apps running in the background that should not have been. Like for 43 hours even if I hadn’t used the app for weeks. I tried deleting the app, then it did it with another app.

I find restating the iPhone helps temporarily. Waiting for an update to fix this illegal running in background.

Drain battery after update ios 15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.