Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

save web page to Books as pdf

Is there a way to avoid the very poor format that results from saving a web page to Books as a pdf? It results in one long document, no page breaks, very large fonts, poor layout,

etc. I have tried printing to pdf and found the only real difference is separate pages but with page breaks in most inconvenient places.

Is there a way to improve these methods or is there a good alternative?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 22, 2022 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 1:00 PM

There is no means available in macOS to print a web page directly into Apple Books format (EPUB3). Some third-party tools (e.g. Calibre) may allow you to convert a paginated PDF file into an Apple Books format, but that is hit or miss.

If the web page responds to the Safari Reader feature, you may be able to export a web page as a paginated PDF. And that PDF could be opened in the current version of Word (e.g 16.61), and converted to Word .docx. From there, you can open that Word document in Apple's Pages where you can then export it as an EPUB that can be opened in Apple Books.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 1:00 PM in response to M0ndayTuesday

There is no means available in macOS to print a web page directly into Apple Books format (EPUB3). Some third-party tools (e.g. Calibre) may allow you to convert a paginated PDF file into an Apple Books format, but that is hit or miss.

If the web page responds to the Safari Reader feature, you may be able to export a web page as a paginated PDF. And that PDF could be opened in the current version of Word (e.g 16.61), and converted to Word .docx. From there, you can open that Word document in Apple's Pages where you can then export it as an EPUB that can be opened in Apple Books.

May 23, 2022 4:32 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for your advice. I had never been aware of Reader View's existence before your answer. I have been using the Safari Share Icon to export web-pages to Books for years - it usually works well. With Shift-Command-R and then Share to Books I get the document I would expect. Also the rote through Print to PDF also works fine.

Again many thanks.

save web page to Books as pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.