Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer able to separate out a page to save as PDF

I have a multi page document. I would like to take a page from the document and save as a separate PDF file. I was able to do so for week and this morning it is no longer an option. HELPP!

• I would normally pull up the whole document go to print, choose the page number I would like to separate out, then click save as PDF at the bottom. I would be able to save it to the correct file. Is there a setting for this?? What am I missing?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 1:43 PM

You can open the PDF in Preview as thumbnails and drag/drop the selected page thumbnail to the Desktop. If I do this with a PDF named Impose.pdf, the dragged file on the Desktop bears the name Impose (dragged).pdf.

Alternatively, select the page thumbnail, bring up the print panel, choose Selected Page in Sidebar from the Pages options, and then proceed to the PDF > Save as PDF, and it will be strictly the select Page written as PDF.

Tested: macOS 11.5.2.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 1:43 PM in response to Kaylaellie1

You can open the PDF in Preview as thumbnails and drag/drop the selected page thumbnail to the Desktop. If I do this with a PDF named Impose.pdf, the dragged file on the Desktop bears the name Impose (dragged).pdf.

Alternatively, select the page thumbnail, bring up the print panel, choose Selected Page in Sidebar from the Pages options, and then proceed to the PDF > Save as PDF, and it will be strictly the select Page written as PDF.

Tested: macOS 11.5.2.

No longer able to separate out a page to save as PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.