Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud data and photos

I am planning to get a new phone but I plan to start fresh and have a whole new iCloud so that I can keep my phones data and storage separate from my other devices. this means trading in my old phone. My fear is that disconnecting the phone from my iCloud will cause certain pictures or documents to be lost. Will starting fresh and making a new iCloud and leaving just one device on my old account cause anything currently in the iCloud to be lost?

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:33 PM

jakeD117 Said:

"iCloud data and photos: [...]My fear is that disconnecting the phone from my iCloud will cause certain pictures or documents to be lost. Will starting fresh and making a new iCloud and leaving just one device on my old account cause anything currently in the iCloud to be lost?"

-------

Having Multiple iCloud Accounts:

Three Things Here:

A. Accounts Cannot be Merged:

As of this reply, merging Apple IDs is is not an option. It all has to do with licensing. So, you'll lock access to your items. But, using Family Sharing as a Possible way to get around this.

B. Recommend this to Apple:

You can recommend to Apple that they make this a feature of Apple accounts.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers want, and what changes they can make.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" fro the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

As an Alternative...

C. Try Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this:  Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID.  Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Supp

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 8:33 PM in response to jakeD117

jakeD117 Said:

"iCloud data and photos: [...]My fear is that disconnecting the phone from my iCloud will cause certain pictures or documents to be lost. Will starting fresh and making a new iCloud and leaving just one device on my old account cause anything currently in the iCloud to be lost?"

-------

Having Multiple iCloud Accounts:

Three Things Here:

A. Accounts Cannot be Merged:

As of this reply, merging Apple IDs is is not an option. It all has to do with licensing. So, you'll lock access to your items. But, using Family Sharing as a Possible way to get around this.

B. Recommend this to Apple:

You can recommend to Apple that they make this a feature of Apple accounts.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers want, and what changes they can make.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" fro the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

As an Alternative...

C. Try Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this:  Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID.  Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Supp

iCloud data and photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.