You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to add my daughters new line to our family sharing and it says that her apple ID is no longer available as an email address. What do I do?

I am trying to add my daughters new line to our family sharing and it says that her apple ID is no longer available as an email address. What do I do?

iPhone 12

Posted on May 23, 2022 6:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 7:25 AM

"Line"? As in her new cell phone number?

You add Apple IDs to Family sharing, not phone numbers or specific devices.

If her devices are using an Apple ID that is already part of family sharing, then there's nothing you need to do. changing the phone number on her iPhone does not affect Family Sharing in any way.

If her email address is already part of Family Sharing, then you cannot add it again, you also cannot create another Apple ID with it.

What you seem to want to do, should not be need to be done. As long as the phone with the new number is logged in to the Apple ID , it continues to access Family Sharing normally.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2022 7:25 AM in response to helpmefix2022

"Line"? As in her new cell phone number?

You add Apple IDs to Family sharing, not phone numbers or specific devices.

If her devices are using an Apple ID that is already part of family sharing, then there's nothing you need to do. changing the phone number on her iPhone does not affect Family Sharing in any way.

If her email address is already part of Family Sharing, then you cannot add it again, you also cannot create another Apple ID with it.

What you seem to want to do, should not be need to be done. As long as the phone with the new number is logged in to the Apple ID , it continues to access Family Sharing normally.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.