Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay music - albums link crashing

I have a 2017 Chevy volt. After the iPhone 15.4 update came out I can no longer press on an album title in Apple Music without it crashing.

I used to be able to press on an album title and then it would show the rest of the songs to select from.

Now when I press on an album title, the screen slightly shifts over and shows the message about anything I have purchased will show up here. I think it’s referring to iTunes purchases. Then when I click on listen now/back button, Apple Music crashes back to the dash board.

I updated to 15.4.1. Same issue. 15.5 now. Same issue

I have tried with an iPhone 11 Pro Max and an iPhone 13 pro max. Same issue with both

Anyone else having this issue? It’s very annoying

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 23, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 2:14 PM

Edit: Finally figured it out! After upgrading from 11 pro max to 13 pro max and having the same issue, I thought it was the cars head unit. I just asked my friend to try his 13 pro max and he was able to click on album without it crashing. So at that point I knew it was still something on my phone. I tried matching all Apple Music settings from his phone to mine, still crashed. I then focused on the iTunes screen it always crashed to. I first installed the iTunes app, since it wasn’t installed. Didn’t help. Then I tried adding one song to my music library and it worked! I guess your library can’t be empty in some cases? To test it out, I removed the song from the library and clicking on albums crashed again. Added another random song to my library and clicking on albums work again! Hope this helps someone out!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 2:14 PM in response to Labi316

Edit: Finally figured it out! After upgrading from 11 pro max to 13 pro max and having the same issue, I thought it was the cars head unit. I just asked my friend to try his 13 pro max and he was able to click on album without it crashing. So at that point I knew it was still something on my phone. I tried matching all Apple Music settings from his phone to mine, still crashed. I then focused on the iTunes screen it always crashed to. I first installed the iTunes app, since it wasn’t installed. Didn’t help. Then I tried adding one song to my music library and it worked! I guess your library can’t be empty in some cases? To test it out, I removed the song from the library and clicking on albums crashed again. Added another random song to my library and clicking on albums work again! Hope this helps someone out!

CarPlay music - albums link crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.