Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I don’t want to use my cellular from my iPhone can I use a separate cellular on my I watch?

If I don’t want to use my iPhone cellular for my I watch what can I do?

Posted on May 23, 2022 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 12:20 PM

Do you mean use a different cellular provider? or just a different cellular connection on your watch?

either way, at a minimum, you need to have a watch that supports cellular service - there are two options in the Apple Watch series... ones that support Cellular + GPS, and others that support GPS-only.

If your watch only supports GPS, then stop right there. There is nothing more you can do, other than have the watch piggy-back on the phone's cellular connection.

If your watch does support GPS, then you can get GPS service. Technically that does not have to be from the same provider as your phone, but practically you may want that since most providers provide a discount for accessories linked to a primary iPhone account, which may save you money.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 12:20 PM in response to Jorge1492

Do you mean use a different cellular provider? or just a different cellular connection on your watch?

either way, at a minimum, you need to have a watch that supports cellular service - there are two options in the Apple Watch series... ones that support Cellular + GPS, and others that support GPS-only.

If your watch only supports GPS, then stop right there. There is nothing more you can do, other than have the watch piggy-back on the phone's cellular connection.

If your watch does support GPS, then you can get GPS service. Technically that does not have to be from the same provider as your phone, but practically you may want that since most providers provide a discount for accessories linked to a primary iPhone account, which may save you money.

Jul 1, 2022 1:09 PM in response to fierce_logic

For Apple Watch cellular, you have 3 options

• Share your iPhone's phone number and pay a $10 (U.S.) fee
  • Or use Apple Watch Family Sharing and the Apple Watch is treaded as if it is a dependent child's Apple Watch, which limitations because it does not have its own iPhone to additional services.
  • Do not activate the cellular and use it as if it was a GPS only Apple Watch

If I don’t want to use my cellular from my iPhone can I use a separate cellular on my I watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.