Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 7th Gen wont sync with M1 Macbook Air Music app

My iPod Nano wont show up on the Music app, as shown in the screenshot below.

I've tried unplugging it a few times, but nothing else happens. It works fine with my Windows PC.

iPod nano (7th Gen)

Posted on May 23, 2022 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 11:29 AM

Hi PolygonTransit,

In this case, you'll want to sync your music to your iPod through Finder. You can learn how here: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Keep in mind you'll only be able to sync music that you own. Since the iPod nano is not an iOS or macOS device it wouldn't be able to run Apple Music content. You can learn more about that here: Apple Music - Features

We hope this helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 11:29 AM in response to PolygonTransit

Hi PolygonTransit,

In this case, you'll want to sync your music to your iPod through Finder. You can learn how here: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Keep in mind you'll only be able to sync music that you own. Since the iPod nano is not an iOS or macOS device it wouldn't be able to run Apple Music content. You can learn more about that here: Apple Music - Features

We hope this helps.

Take care.

iPod Nano 7th Gen wont sync with M1 Macbook Air Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.