Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 2017 6th Gen running iOS 15.4.1

Hi,

As of the last update I did approx. two weeks ago, my iPad won't connect most 3rd party apps to the internet even though every "Apple" app seems to connect, including the calendar, weather, the unit itself, etc. I have spent hours researching and trying everything from resets to toggling wifi, to taking it into my office to verify on an entirely different network, and the issue still exists. Nothing I try seems to work and my best guess is the last iOS update screwed something up. How can I reset this iPad to factory and the original iOS? Or, how can I revert the iOS to something prior to whatever the last few releases were so I can get the functionality back? I do not believe this is hardware related as this issue only cropped up after the latest update (the one that changed the home screen layout).

Here is my Ser# DM****F89 running iOS 15.4.1

I've attached screenshots of the Speedtest app that shows it can't connect (I have more screenshots but apparently we're limited to uploading 1). As I mentioned, the Apple apps work fine, but others do not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:30 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 24, 2022 8:42 AM in response to kstv

First, you cannot restore an earlier version of iPadOS. All versions are digitally signed - and the digital signatures that permit (re)installation are revoked soon after an updated version of the Operating System is released. As of yesterday, Monday 23rd May, only iOS/iPadOS15.5 are available to current models of iPhone and iPad.

If you haven’t already done so, try updating to iPadOS 15.5.

Restoring an iPad to Factory Settings will always restore the most recent version of the OS that the device can support.

As for your connectivity issues, do you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton installed on your iPad? If so, these may be interfering with your network connection. If so, resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN. If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Alternatively, a reset of your iPad Network Settings may resolve the issue:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset > Reset Network Settings

This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings. After the reset, you’ll need to re-enter your WiFi Password(s).

ipad 2017 6th Gen running iOS 15.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.