Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud slowing down computer

for several years now all my imacs have been very very slow. I can barely open the browser and using software like photoshop or illustrator causes it to crash.

I've had a large number of video files that I've deleted over the years and i suspect that might be the problem. After i've deleted them I can still search for them in finder and many of them are still there.

but it doesn't matter if I were to wipe the hardrive and start again or buy a new imac it's still very very slow... my icloud is always showing me a message saying that it's full but when I signin to icloud there are hardly any files in it at all.

i don't know what to do to fix this?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 24, 2022 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 7:57 AM

Your Mac is signed in with other devices like iPhone / iPad or other Macs , syncing is in continuation and more data is added .

The third party apps are the reasons to crash the Mac , in finder > applications right click on them and move to bin , restart the Mac and empty the trash .

You can remove the device Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

And make sure Mac is disconnected from them , check the iCloud storage , if required purchase a new storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 7:57 AM in response to steven90s

Your Mac is signed in with other devices like iPhone / iPad or other Macs , syncing is in continuation and more data is added .

The third party apps are the reasons to crash the Mac , in finder > applications right click on them and move to bin , restart the Mac and empty the trash .

You can remove the device Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

And make sure Mac is disconnected from them , check the iCloud storage , if required purchase a new storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

icloud slowing down computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.