Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac M1 won’t wake up in clamshell

My M1 MacBook Air is always conected to my monitor but when it's on sleep mode and I try to wake sometimes work and sometimes don't; it's so annoying cause I use a vertical stand and sometimes have to take it off from the Stand, does anyone have a solution?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 24, 2022 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 12:10 PM

I use my mac like this; I found a "solution," which is to unplug and plug my Type c to HDMI Adapter so the mac will wake; it's not a good solution, and as a perfectionist, It makes my mac out of place every time I do it. :(

Similar questions

11 replies

May 25, 2022 12:35 PM in response to Paulo Guilherme

Paulo Guilherme,

Be sure to check for any available macOS updates to ensure the latest fixes/improvements are applied: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

It can also help to try disconnecting the external display, and then wake the Mac, just to see if this works fine, as this can help to isolate it down.

If you're using any hubs/adapters for connecting the devices/monitor, and are able to connect them directly to the Mac, try doing that to help further isolate it down.

Cheers.

May 28, 2022 6:17 AM in response to Paulo Guilherme

Hello Paulo,

Testing in safe mode might isolate this a bit. When you start in safe mode, this prevents some software like login items and extensions from loading. You'll find steps and guidance in How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

If the same happens in safe mode, it may be best to contact Apple Support. You can reach out from Get Support or using the direct phone number for your region from Contact Apple for support and service.

Have a great day!

Jun 1, 2022 5:47 AM in response to Paulo Guilherme

Apparently i got a solution, too early to tell but I bought yesterday and ultra speed HDMI cable from Sony, with a gold connection and stuff ( yeah baby fancy stuff) and changed it, today I use a Anker USBC to HDMI adapter. Seems like It's awakening immediately now, at least yesterday was like that and today morning too. I'll keep you informed while I'm using it.

Mac M1 won’t wake up in clamshell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.