Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 connectivity issues please help!

hello. I just bought the IPhone 11 around 3 months ago and now all of a sudden my wifi toggle is greyed out and the cellular one just says error I have tried updating with iTunes and it either crashes or it tells me that the device has timed out around 2/3 of the way through every time I have tried resetting both network settings and factory the network settings reset worked but did nothing the factory reset did the same thing as the update and either crashed iTunes or threw me an error any help is appreciated as I would like to have not wasted 800 dollars on a phone that’s going to quit on me already

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:54 PM

DDysinger Said:

"iPhone 11 connectivity issues please help!: As I stated before I have tried all of those options"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Being less than one year old, note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, rather than fiddle with it anymore, I'd say get this serviced. If found to be a faulty device, then it would likely be nothing on you.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit longer to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 8:54 PM in response to DDysinger

DDysinger Said:

"iPhone 11 connectivity issues please help!: As I stated before I have tried all of those options"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Being less than one year old, note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, rather than fiddle with it anymore, I'd say get this serviced. If found to be a faulty device, then it would likely be nothing on you.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit longer to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)

May 24, 2022 8:25 PM in response to DDysinger

DDysinger Said:

"iPhone 11 connectivity issues please help!: hello. I just bought the IPhone 11 around 3 months ago and now all of a sudden my wifi toggle is greyed out and the cellular one just says error I have tried updating with iTunes and it either crashes[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Greyed-Out Wifi on an iPhone:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Update to: the Latest Version of iOS, using a computer. See my user tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

C. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi PasswordsVPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

iPhone 11 connectivity issues please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.