Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2020 Screen flickering

My screen has been flickering, but was working fine. Now the screen looks like this. Any idea as to what this is and what I could need to have repaired? I was typing and doing everything normally right before this happened so i’m assuming this is something to do with the screen only?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 9:06 PM

Hello,

You are probably right that this is a screen only issue but to be sure do you have a cable and external screen to verify that with?

To start I would use Apple Diagnostics to see if you can get a reference code pointing to the effected part(s) and referred to Apple Support for repair.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

"Apple Diagnostics, formerly known as Apple Hardware Test, can check your Mac for hardware issues.

If you think your Mac might have a hardware issue, you can use Apple Diagnostics to help determine which hardware component might be at fault. Apple Diagnostics also suggests solutions and helps you contact Apple Support for assistance."

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 9:06 PM in response to martinmena

Hello,

You are probably right that this is a screen only issue but to be sure do you have a cable and external screen to verify that with?

To start I would use Apple Diagnostics to see if you can get a reference code pointing to the effected part(s) and referred to Apple Support for repair.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

"Apple Diagnostics, formerly known as Apple Hardware Test, can check your Mac for hardware issues.

If you think your Mac might have a hardware issue, you can use Apple Diagnostics to help determine which hardware component might be at fault. Apple Diagnostics also suggests solutions and helps you contact Apple Support for assistance."

I hope this helps.

May 24, 2022 8:59 PM in response to martinmena

martinmena Said:

"Macbook Pro 2020 Screen: My screen has been flickering, but was working fine. Now the screen looks like this. Any idea as to what this is and what I could need to have repaired? I was typing and doing everything normally right before this happened so i’m assuming this is something to do with the screen only?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Your Screen is Failing:

I have never come across this. However, it seems your screen is failing. So take this in for service, ASAP.

To Get this Mad Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be careful as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an unofficial screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have Apple replace a screen.

Contact Apple:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the screen

Macbook Pro 2020 Screen flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.