Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Issues

Hi! So I’ve been having a lot of issues with my Apple ID for a while now and I’m honestly not sure what to do anymore! So a few years ago I switched phones and I had to log into my Apple ID, but I forgot the password and the original email was for a hotmail account so I just changed the email and everything was fine! Until I noticed that the actual Apple ID settings page, like with the profile and stuff, was still listed under my old email.

I then got the pop up for the Apple ID verification and to login, this time with the new email I chose! I then tried logging in, right email, right password and I got a pop up saying that the verification failed due to an “unknown error”. I then tried again a few more times and it always said the same thing, that there was unknown error. So I tried logging out, and the email that pops up on that page to turn off find my iPhone is the old one, so using my password won’t work there either.

Now my phone just started asking for my Apple ID verification, like the one where you can either go to settings or dismiss it. I keep getting them like 20 times in a row and because every time I enter my password there’s an unknown error I have to keep clicking dismiss which gets annoying very fast. My iPhone 8’s never spammed those pop ups before, my iPhone 6 did but never this one.

My phone is up to date IOS wise and I’ve tried changing my password multiple times for my Apple ID and that hasn’t worked either.

If anybody has any advice or ideas I would be so grateful!! Thank you for reading :)

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on May 24, 2022 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 1:13 AM

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

2 replies

Apple ID Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.