Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14 heating while left on charger with 100% battery.

My MacBook stays hot while not active at the charger. Battery is 100% of charge and wake on network access is set to off. So when I close my MacBook it should sleep, but its always hot, when I leave it on MagSafe.

And on the other hand when I work on my MacBook during the day with MagSafe connected it stays cold...

I really don't know what to do with that, I checked my battery health it used only 80 cycles but it is already 96% capacity.

Also I checked the internet, and not only me have such a problem.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 25, 2022 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:48 AM

Istishev wrote:

My MacBook stays hot while not active at the charger. Battery is 100% of charge and wake on network access is set to off. So when I close my MacBook it should sleep, but its always hot, when I leave it on MagSafe.

And on the other hand when I work on my MacBook during the day with MagSafe connected it stays cold...

I really don't know what to do with that, I checked my battery health it used only 80 cycles but it is already 96% capacity.

On the M1 Mac — try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

verify your software is up to date:

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 7:48 AM in response to Istishev

Istishev wrote:

On the M1 Mac — try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

verify your software is up to date:

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

MacBook Pro 14 heating while left on charger with 100% battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.