Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up a google email

Hi, am trying to set-up a new email address on my Mac email client. It's a google email. I click the google email then open browser, but I then just get a blank box and the circle of death... it doesn't go to the login page....

Anyone know why?

Posted on May 25, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 7:55 AM

ady70 wrote:

Hi, am trying to set-up a new email address on my Mac email client. It's a google email. I click the google email then open browser, but I then just get a blank box and the circle of death... it doesn't go to the login page....

Anyone know why?

Yes there is a bug— try changing the default browser to Safari to set up your gmail....

Make Safari your default web browser on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 7:55 AM in response to ady70

ady70 wrote:

Anyone know why?

Yes there is a bug— try changing the default browser to Safari to set up your gmail....

Make Safari your default web browser on Mac - Apple Support

setting up a google email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.