You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail addresses not showing in Contact App

Hello! So, I know I have many email addresses that are somehow stored in my Mac Mail because they populate as I type the beginning of the address. But, when I open the Contacts App these addresses do not show in the individuals contact. How do I get these addresses from Mac Mail to my Contacts app?

The goal is to send a group email to all of my business contacts by selecting their name/email address from a list. I think I can do that from Contacts if the emails are there. But if I were to try to do that in Mac Mail now I believe I would have to type each email address.

Many thank yous! Stephen

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 25, 2022 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 11:28 AM

Mail remembers addresses that you previously typed but it is up to you to manage your contacts. You can control-cliick on one such address and choose Create Contact or Add to Existing Contact (it may not say exactly that- I’m not at my mac at the moment).

Once you have your contacts set up in Contacts it is easy to create a Group and sen an e-mail to them all just by typing the Group name in the To: field.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2022 11:28 AM in response to stephenbrahm

Mail remembers addresses that you previously typed but it is up to you to manage your contacts. You can control-cliick on one such address and choose Create Contact or Add to Existing Contact (it may not say exactly that- I’m not at my mac at the moment).

Once you have your contacts set up in Contacts it is easy to create a Group and sen an e-mail to them all just by typing the Group name in the To: field.

Mac Mail addresses not showing in Contact App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.