Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF prints with white borders on iPad Pro, prints perfect on PC

Hey everyone! I'm needing to print a borderless PDF document from my iPad Pro (just bought the 12.9 a month ago) and every PDF I print has a white border on all 4 sides. Thinking maybe there was some kind of software compatibility problem, I went ahead and printed a PDF exported from Keynote (12.0) with the same results. However, if I get that same created PDF (or any PDF), send it to myself, and open the PDF on my Windows PC, it prints perfectly. The printer settings are set for borderless printing and is an airprint printer. I even downloaded the printer's app on the iPad for the heck of it and printed a PDF through the app and I still get this annoying white border. Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end here.

Posted on May 25, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 8:59 AM

Sometimes there is a mismatch on the paper format. For example when printing a "Letter" sized document to a printer that prints using A4 paper, there will be a border at the top and bottom, as A4 papers are a little taller in comparison. If you have access to a copy of this document that you can edit (for example a Word or Pages Document), try setting the page size to match that of your printer. Or, try to fiddle with the Paper Layout options on the printer's app.

Hope this helped!

-flef

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 8:59 AM in response to OkieDokieArtichokey

Sometimes there is a mismatch on the paper format. For example when printing a "Letter" sized document to a printer that prints using A4 paper, there will be a border at the top and bottom, as A4 papers are a little taller in comparison. If you have access to a copy of this document that you can edit (for example a Word or Pages Document), try setting the page size to match that of your printer. Or, try to fiddle with the Paper Layout options on the printer's app.

Hope this helped!

-flef

PDF prints with white borders on iPad Pro, prints perfect on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.