Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with video clips not working in IMovie 10.3.3

Since I upgraded to IMovie10.3.3, when I drag certain video clips (from my media) into a movie project, the video is frozen like a still picture with a red bar along the bottom. I need those clips work in my projects! Some clips can be dragged down and work fine. Others, like the ones I need, don't work.

This + thing is a joke too! When I click on the + to insert any video clip, a message says Missing File. ???? They are in my library.

Bring back the old iMovie! Never had issues like this!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 25, 2022 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 8:46 AM

Have you tried deleting/resetting preferences? Often that will cure iMovie misbehaviors.

To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in

the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 8:46 AM in response to SafariKev

Have you tried deleting/resetting preferences? Often that will cure iMovie misbehaviors.

To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in

the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Problems with video clips not working in IMovie 10.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.