Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing hyperlinks in Numbers tables

Using Numbers 10.0. I have a table with a bunch of email addresses. When you select the cell, it automatically pops out to your email client and created a message. Extremely annoying.

How can I remove the active hyperlinking from the whole table, so emails in cells are just text?

I know this question is addressed already, but the posts are from years and years ago. Can't find anything relevant to this from recent years.

Thank you very much

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2022 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 10:41 PM

To deactivate links that are already there you can select the cells with the email addresses, command c to copy, Edit > Paste and Match Style. (Or if you are a keyboard warrior, command-c, followed by shift-option-command-v.)

To prevent active hyperlinks in the first place try toggling off Smart Web and Email Links in the Edit > Substitutions menu.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 10:41 PM in response to Christopher Davis2

To deactivate links that are already there you can select the cells with the email addresses, command c to copy, Edit > Paste and Match Style. (Or if you are a keyboard warrior, command-c, followed by shift-option-command-v.)

To prevent active hyperlinks in the first place try toggling off Smart Web and Email Links in the Edit > Substitutions menu.

SG

Removing hyperlinks in Numbers tables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.