Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on iphone

how to delete photos on my iphone that came from my mac? No delete option.

Posted on May 25, 2022 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 8:40 PM

Hey there,

If you add photos to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by connecting your device to your computer, you can't delete them directly from your device in the Photos app. If you see the gray Trash button  when you try to delete a photo from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you might need to stop syncing photos from your computer. Learn how to stop syncing photos from your computer.

from this article ☞ Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 8:40 PM in response to mrs_kgarcia623

Hey there,

If you add photos to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by connecting your device to your computer, you can't delete them directly from your device in the Photos app. If you see the gray Trash button  when you try to delete a photo from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you might need to stop syncing photos from your computer. Learn how to stop syncing photos from your computer.

from this article ☞ Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

May 25, 2022 8:55 PM in response to mrs_kgarcia623

"Photos on iphone: how to delete photos on my iphone that came from my mac? No delete option."

-------

Troubeshooting Un-Delete-able Photos:

Is there a cloud with a down arrow? If so, then know that these are not downloaded to your device. So, if you do not want to see these then disable Photos in iCloud, or compress it, making it a zip file.

Photos on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.