Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 7 microphones and speaker not working ,

has someone had same issues that i m having now? I heard that in the past same problem were covered by apple . the problem is related to ic audio chip . and the phone is unusable .

My request is ask apple to fix my phone even if it's not any more under guarantee .

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:43 AM

7 replies

Jun 5, 2022 5:55 PM in response to KNevHev

I chatted with Apple Support and they said I will need to send in the phone for physical inspection. Then my son showed me that one reason the mics and speakers may not work is if there is a problem with the battery. Look at your battery settings - my iPhone 7 said the battery was significantly degraded and in need of replacement, and could not support normal phone function. I switched to a newer iPhone 7 with good battery and it works fine (with the new iOS 15.5 update too). A new battery for iPhone 7 is $49 from apple, can likely get for cheaper after market. CHECK YOUR BATTERY in Settings - if it is degraded, that is likely what happened; will need a new battery to support this new update.

Jun 5, 2022 7:28 PM in response to FR525

I have figured out that the only mic that works is my car and earbud blue tooth mic and speakers. Last time this apparently was a significant problem was was the 13.1(?) IOS update and n 2018. My problems started after a recent 15.5 IOS update. Not sure if that is related. Apparently battery health can create problems but my battery life is fine. Please lmk if Apple support figures it out.

IPHONE 7 microphones and speaker not working ,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.