Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t hear BOSE speaker from Apple MAC.

• If I go to sound it is shown as connected.  Sound is shown active (halfway up).  On sound preferences sound is also shown as half way, mute NOT ticked.  Have Monterrey 12.4
  • Product is up-to-date
  • (Before I have tried deleting BOSE App and re-installing.  Can’t do that this time – can’t delete through Launchpad, if I get to it via Finder it says won’t delete as file is in use).
  • Maybe related to me setting speaker up to work from Iphone, it doesn't seem to be able to handle both? Have deleted BOSE App from Iphone, but still problem on Mac.

Thank you, wise ones :-)

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 26, 2022 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 5:24 AM

Hi!

First of all, have you tried Force Quitting the Bose program before uninstalling? Press Option + Command + Escape to bring up the "Force Quit Menu". Try Force quitting the app before you try uninstalling from Finder.

If the app is not shown, then open the "Activity Monitor" by searching on Spotlight (Command + Space). Select "Memory" from the top menu, locate and select the BOSE app and press "Stop" (the "X"). Select force quit.

Then, try reinstalling.

Check from your sound options if sound output is set to the speakers. I'm assuming you have already tested that, but just to be on the safe side.

If your speaker connects using Bluetooth, try unpairing it and pairing it again.

If none of the above work, try checking this forum discussion, in which a similar issue seems to be described:

MacBook Pro won't connect to Bose Soundli… - Apple Community

-flef

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 5:24 AM in response to MrRMP

Hi!

First of all, have you tried Force Quitting the Bose program before uninstalling? Press Option + Command + Escape to bring up the "Force Quit Menu". Try Force quitting the app before you try uninstalling from Finder.

If the app is not shown, then open the "Activity Monitor" by searching on Spotlight (Command + Space). Select "Memory" from the top menu, locate and select the BOSE app and press "Stop" (the "X"). Select force quit.

Then, try reinstalling.

Check from your sound options if sound output is set to the speakers. I'm assuming you have already tested that, but just to be on the safe side.

If your speaker connects using Bluetooth, try unpairing it and pairing it again.

If none of the above work, try checking this forum discussion, in which a similar issue seems to be described:

MacBook Pro won't connect to Bose Soundli… - Apple Community

-flef

Can’t hear BOSE speaker from Apple MAC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.