Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With iPhone connected by USB to MacBook Pro, I can see it in the bus diagram, but it does not show under Locations in the Finder Prefs dropdown. Seems related to that I'm unable to sync calendars with laptop

This issue with USB-linked iPhone not showing in Finder Prefs under location appears to relate to inability to get MacBook Pro and iPhone, both with latest updates, to sync Calendar. Any advice on getting iPhone to show up in that dropdown on Prefs?

iPhone XS

Posted on May 26, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 9:20 AM

First of all, make sure that you have unlocked your iPhone and selected "Trust this computer" when prompted to on your iPhone.

Try updating the software on both your MacBook and iPhone.

Make sure that you are using an Apple certified charging cable, that is capable of data transfer.

Connect the cable directly to your laptop (not to a USB Hub).

I do not think that calendar syncing is related, unless you have opted for local backups. Calendars sync via iCloud, so if they do not sync across devices, it may be an issue related to your Apple ID or iCloud syncing settings.

Hope this helps!

-flef

Related Articles:

Sync iPhone with your computer – Apple Support (UK)

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Sync contacts and calendars onto your Mac and iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 9:20 AM in response to dalebob98

First of all, make sure that you have unlocked your iPhone and selected "Trust this computer" when prompted to on your iPhone.

Try updating the software on both your MacBook and iPhone.

Make sure that you are using an Apple certified charging cable, that is capable of data transfer.

Connect the cable directly to your laptop (not to a USB Hub).

I do not think that calendar syncing is related, unless you have opted for local backups. Calendars sync via iCloud, so if they do not sync across devices, it may be an issue related to your Apple ID or iCloud syncing settings.

Hope this helps!

-flef

Related Articles:

Sync iPhone with your computer – Apple Support (UK)

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Sync contacts and calendars onto your Mac and iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

With iPhone connected by USB to MacBook Pro, I can see it in the bus diagram, but it does not show under Locations in the Finder Prefs dropdown. Seems related to that I'm unable to sync calendars with laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.