Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo on iphone - emails vanished

In have lost all yahoo emails between Feb 2022 and Sept 2020. How can I restore?

I called Yahoo and they said initially that this was because i accessed yahoo mail via the iphone mail app so i should delete that and install then yahoo mail app on my phone. I did this but it had not helped. My yahoo account is linked to the iphone mail on various old and broken iphones. Could that be the problem?

Yahoo are saying that this is because apple / iphone delete emails to make space on the phone but i really need these emails back!

Any help would be fantastic. thanks

iPhone SE, 15

Posted on May 26, 2022 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 11:16 AM

Hey there vikvik123,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

If you log into your Yahoo account online through a browser, do you see your mail there? If the mail is still there, it is not deleted. We would just need to sync them to your device. If they are no longer in your Yahoo account online, you would need to continue to work with Yahoo for assistance on this.

Also, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > [your Yahoo account] > Account > Advanced > under 'Deleted Messages' > is it set to 'Never'?

This article may also help recover mail:

Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 11:16 AM in response to vikvik123

Hey there vikvik123,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

If you log into your Yahoo account online through a browser, do you see your mail there? If the mail is still there, it is not deleted. We would just need to sync them to your device. If they are no longer in your Yahoo account online, you would need to continue to work with Yahoo for assistance on this.

Also, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > [your Yahoo account] > Account > Advanced > under 'Deleted Messages' > is it set to 'Never'?

This article may also help recover mail:

Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

Yahoo on iphone - emails vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.