Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email issue MacBook Pro 2021 M1 Max

I’ve got my 2021 MacBook Pro all set up. I use apple mail app, I’ve got 6 Yahoo! Mail accounts that I use.

I’m able to see my inbox, outbox, drafts, junk, and sent mailboxes, I am able to send and receive email across all 5 of my devices iPhone 5, iPhone 7, iPhone 12 mini, mid 2012 MacBook non retina, except on my new 2021 MacBook Pro one of those 6 email accounts won’t connect incoming IMAP or outgoing SMTP. I’ve got the red dot and I’ve run connection doctor several times on that one account it will not connect, it says can’t connect to server check your settings, I don’t see any way possible to input the settings i cant find them on my 2021 Mbn

do I need to delete that account in system preferences / accounts and then add it again.

i’ve tried that and it says this email already exist. I’ve tried rebooting that doesn’t help either.

do I need to delete that email account on every device and then add it to one of them and it should show a crossed all of my devices???

Posted on May 26, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 2:08 PM

faith185,

If you hover your mouse over the word "Favorites" in the Mail app, you should see a "+" icon appear. Go ahead and click that and you'll be able to add a folder to this section of the sidebar. You should be able to add any additional inboxes here that you'd like to have quick access to.

We hope this helps!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 2:08 PM in response to bikeman5

faith185,

If you hover your mouse over the word "Favorites" in the Mail app, you should see a "+" icon appear. Go ahead and click that and you'll be able to add a folder to this section of the sidebar. You should be able to add any additional inboxes here that you'd like to have quick access to.

We hope this helps!

May 27, 2022 12:34 PM in response to bikeman5

Hi bikeman5,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. You've tried some great troubleshooting and isolation steps so far. Since the issue seems isolated to that account and there's a server error, put that email address in at Mail - Official Apple Support to get the settings for that specific account. Then, use the guidance from Change Server Settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support to make sure they match up.

Best of luck!

May 27, 2022 12:57 PM in response to faith185

I did figure it out, I deleted the account and added it and signed in again. it is all working now.

However:

I have got another issue regarding Apple Mail that I just noticed, I only have an inbox flagged, drafts, and sent mailbox. I do not have a JUNK or TRASH mailbox. I just noticed this and I have not been into my preferences to look at settings. I am stepping away from my 2021 MBPro for a while, I have to go run errands I will check back later. thanks for any info regarding this.

below is an image from my 2012 MBPro and Mailboxes Also my MBPro 2021 and mailboxes.

thanks for any help you can offer

May 27, 2022 1:02 PM in response to faith185

for 2021 MBPro imap email there is no access to change settings, imap is all automatic when you open that part of preferences there is no way to set them. I went in there first to add the info. However deleting and adding and logging in again the automatic work for that 1 as it did for the other 5.

I did post in a reply with images I do not have a trash or junk mail box for Apple Mail.

Email issue MacBook Pro 2021 M1 Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.