Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it impossible to see the number that is calling?

When I get a call, the number does not show.

If I go to the Phone app. The recent call list does not show it either.

I have to ask them for the number to confirm or wait until the call has ended.

Why is your software so janky?

Are you not able to program simple things such as displaying the number?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 2:03 PM

Add one more "amazing" thing then, as we have no problems with Caller ID display and Recents on the 2 iPhones here.

Caller ID features are provided by your carrier. Who is your carrier? Have you called them?

Make sure that your phone has Caller ID enabled. Settings > Phone > Show Caller ID.

If you don't see this option, then your carrier likely is a CDMA carrier such as Verizon, Sprint, Xfinity, US Cellular, etc. In order to enable it, you'll need to reach out to your carrier.

Don't be so quick to place blame. The problem is not your phone. Your phone will provide the Caller ID options that your carrier provides for the iPhone.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 2:03 PM in response to eminent_one

Add one more "amazing" thing then, as we have no problems with Caller ID display and Recents on the 2 iPhones here.

Caller ID features are provided by your carrier. Who is your carrier? Have you called them?

Make sure that your phone has Caller ID enabled. Settings > Phone > Show Caller ID.

If you don't see this option, then your carrier likely is a CDMA carrier such as Verizon, Sprint, Xfinity, US Cellular, etc. In order to enable it, you'll need to reach out to your carrier.

Don't be so quick to place blame. The problem is not your phone. Your phone will provide the Caller ID options that your carrier provides for the iPhone.

May 26, 2022 2:40 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Well, I just called myself. Show caller ID is enabled. I am on AT&T. Name shows. No number. I didn't block it and this is the result.

Don't be so quick to assume all is roses.

Also, I checked recents while my iphone was ringing. Nothing was showing. When the call went to voicemail, then it showed in recents, just as I reported.

If there is a certain trick or setting to get this working. I'm all for it, but assuming nothing is wrong is the wrong answer.

Thanks for trying!

Why is it impossible to see the number that is calling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.