Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating PAGES

I am told that I need to update Pages, but I can't find a way to do this. Can anyone advise please.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2022 2:34 AM

5 replies

May 28, 2022 8:50 AM in response to Tilda141

You may receive a dialog informing that a new version of Pages is available while on Mojave. If you have Pages v10.1, then you already have the last compatible version of Pages for Mojave. If not, I can show you how to get Pages v10.1.

Mojave has not been supported by Apple for product or security updates since Fall 2020. As Apple introduces new features with future operating system upgrades, it may choose to add those features in new releases of its applications. Pages is no exception and there are features in the current Pages v12 that are not available to Big Sur users, and for similar reasons, Pages v11.1 was the last compatible release of macOS Catalina (10.15.7). Apple cannot retrofit newer operating system features in older and/or unsupported operating systems. Although this may seem like it is limiting by Apple, it is also practical, and your are not limited in your choice of third-party word processing applications from the Mac App Store that still support Mojave with their current versions.

Updating PAGES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.