Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hearing Aid connection to MacOS Monterey

All this sophistication in Monterey and STILL no action on connecting hearing aids via Bluetooth. Why, why, why? iOS and automobile audio prove the technology can work. I even understand Windows can connect to hearing aids. I want to be able to discover my Widex hearing aids on my MacBook Pro. Seems an obvious accessibility issue.

Posted on May 27, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 4:01 PM

Widex makes very good MFi (Made For iPhone) hearing aids which work with iOS Apple devices (iPhone, iPad). Widex does not make Classic Bluetooth hearing aids which possibly could connect with your MacBook. Windows is Classic Bluetooth and I am not aware of any Windows computers connecting with Widex MFi hearing aids, Possibly Widex makes a box that handles MFi and Classic Bluetooth, but I am not aware of one. It all seems simple on the surface but you are talking two different Bluetooth standards. I used Widex years back and could not wait for Widex to finally adopt MFi Bluetooth LE standards. You can input feedback to Apple about changes you would like to see at this link: Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 4:01 PM in response to wtdrummon

Widex makes very good MFi (Made For iPhone) hearing aids which work with iOS Apple devices (iPhone, iPad). Widex does not make Classic Bluetooth hearing aids which possibly could connect with your MacBook. Windows is Classic Bluetooth and I am not aware of any Windows computers connecting with Widex MFi hearing aids, Possibly Widex makes a box that handles MFi and Classic Bluetooth, but I am not aware of one. It all seems simple on the surface but you are talking two different Bluetooth standards. I used Widex years back and could not wait for Widex to finally adopt MFi Bluetooth LE standards. You can input feedback to Apple about changes you would like to see at this link: Product Feedback - Apple

Hearing Aid connection to MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.