Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why have my Notes App and iCloud Drive on my MacBook Pro running 10.13.6 stopped syncing with iCloud?

Why Have my Notes App and iCloud Drive on my MacBook Pro running High Sierra stopped syncing with iCloud ? A Client of mine has just informed me that his Macbook Air running 10.14.6 has also stopped syncing all his notes to his laptop. I also noticed that photos i had exported and save to my icloud drive would not show up on my laptop either. My iPhone (15.4.1) and MBP (Monterey) do appear to be connecting. I know I am signed in to my icloud account as my Calendar is still syncing, but at this rate, how much longer will that last? Does this have to do with the recent fix where I couldnt sign into my icloud account at all on 10.13.6 until I installed an updated security file from apple for iCloud?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 27, 2022 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 7:50 PM

Try updating the Apple IST CA 2 - G1 cert from the Apple PKI (Apple PKI - Apple) site. The previous certificate expired May 22, 2022. Shortly after that, Apple provided an updated certificate.

Check the above certificate in your keychain. If it shows expiration date of 2025, then you already have it and there is a different problem.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 7:50 PM in response to Jagairarcareras

Try updating the Apple IST CA 2 - G1 cert from the Apple PKI (Apple PKI - Apple) site. The previous certificate expired May 22, 2022. Shortly after that, Apple provided an updated certificate.

Check the above certificate in your keychain. If it shows expiration date of 2025, then you already have it and there is a different problem.

May 28, 2022 1:17 AM in response to steve626

Thank you Steve, that seems to have solved my problem and you have confirmed that the certificate update I did at the end of last month with the same certificate, was in fact the issue. I saw where it was going to end at the end of May. It was a client of mine who called me about his notes issue, after-which I saw where I was having the exact same issue as well as my icloud drive contents not updating. Updating to this certificate seems to have solved that. Thanks for the reply.

T

Why have my Notes App and iCloud Drive on my MacBook Pro running 10.13.6 stopped syncing with iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.