Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MyFitnessPal not syncing with Apple Health app

My Fitness Pal had an update 5/26/2022. on my phone it no longer syncs with the Health app on my iphone13 pro. My husband also has the same phone and same set up and yet his is syncing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled My Fitness Pal multiple times and made sure I allowed all data and made sure privacy settings were correct and followed all the steps listed here and at My Fitness Pal which are essentially the same steps. Also rebooted the phone and have the most up to date iOS 15.5. Nothing is working. Can anyone help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 28, 2022 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 3:42 PM

Hey guess what my boyfriend figured it out!!! Go to the newsfeed option at the bottom and swipe down to refresh it and the next time you do a work out it should reappear!!! It worked for me ! Hope it works for you!!

30 replies

May 31, 2022 1:49 PM in response to jwesleyt

Hey, the exact same thing happened to me. Nothing has transferred over to MyFitness PAL since the new update! I have an 11iphone with the lastest IOS but it isn't working ... SUPER frusterating .. hopefully they can help us come up with a solution. It isn't Apply, I believe .. it is coming from the new version of the My Fitness PAL. It will not sync to the "Health" app as the workouts are logging on the "Health" app as I can see them in settings from the app.

May 29, 2022 8:08 AM in response to jwesleyt

Hello jwesleyt,

It looks like you have already taken some great troubleshooting steps.

We would suggest that you work through each step outlined here: Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Pay particular attention to the steps under, "Add information from other apps".

If you continue to have an issue, after confirming everything from that article, we would suggest reaching out to the app developer for assistance. Here might be a good place to start: MyFitnessPal Help

Have a good day.

May 31, 2022 12:45 PM in response to jwesleyt

I believe like the other issue of voice feedback not working unless you do everything from your watch (start workout from watch, listen to music that is ON your watch), this issue will be ignored by Apple as they will claim it's nothing but user error. I am sadly in the same boat as yourself where MyFitnessPal will only see the steps I take measured by my phone, but will not recognize any workouts. I've uninstalled, re-installed, unlinked, re-linked my accounts, removed permissions and re-added them and nothing.

Jun 21, 2022 8:10 AM in response to megahla

I have a question about this. I didn’t refresh my MFP newsfeed on the day I performed the exercise. Yesterday I swam and didn’t refresh though I did use the MFP app. Today I looked for yesterdays swim and it is not there. Does that mean past workouts will not show up unless you refresh on the day of the workout? I tried refreshing today and the swim is not there. Why does this have to be so complicated?

Jun 21, 2022 8:31 AM in response to Kristenhall

You are correct! It has to be refreshed on the day of! I have tried what you did and it didn’t work. Even if you “refresh” on the feed and it doesn’t show on the feed go to “diary” and it will show there.

I’m not sure why the developers didn’t test this when they added the new option of “diary” but .. anywhoooo. Sorry your workout if lost! It’s super frustrating!

Jul 6, 2022 7:00 PM in response to megahla

Wish I would’ve found this feed earlier… Before deleting, reinstalling My Fitness Pal, unpairing my watch, looking up how to get My Fitness Pal yo read my watch and most irritating and frustrating of all- managing to delete over a years worth of info on the Activity app!! 😡Can’t wait to try it next time I workout.

Jul 23, 2022 8:35 AM in response to megahla

The past few days have been terrible for MFP, workouts only appear "sometimes" and the Apple Watch adjustment calories seem to be incorrect now as well. Not sure what they've done recently but it's got even worse, the newsfeed trick doesn't work the same as it used to - you can refresh the newsfeed and still nothing appears even after trying it countless times.

This is disgraceful from MFP, do they not have a UX team?! They should be embarrassed for releasing a version of an app that doesn't even seem like it is in the beta stages...

Aug 13, 2022 7:45 AM in response to jwesleyt

Same thing happened to me. I have confirmed all my settings are correct. I did find My Fitness Pal will update if I leave app open then open the Apple Health app after. Only works in this order. Will only update once so then you have to close both apps then open again in the order above. Not optimal but until My Fitness Pal or Apple Health fix the issue we seem to be stuck with it. If anyone has a fix since this was posted please let me know.

thanks

Oct 3, 2022 5:31 PM in response to jwesleyt

I've asked the same question in the MFP Community pages and haven't had a reply yet.

I'm having the same problem with my new apple watch SE just purchased last week and iPhone 8 running IOS 16.

Syncing workouts works fine. Syncing steps doesn't work. I can see the steps in my Activity App on the phone and watch, and in the Health app on my phone (I don't see a Health app on the watch).

MFP keeps asking me to "connect to track steps." But it shows me exercise calories and time based on Apple Health App Workouts. I don't know why the exercise functionality doesn't ask for a "conection."

Any suggestions in this forum? (the Newsfeed/swipe down action in MFP discussed above doesn't do anything for me)

MyFitnessPal not syncing with Apple Health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.