Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Out of Notes

I can’t remember the password for some of my notes. So, I went to settings and reset the password using the apple id. I noticed it said it will “not affect notes that already have passwords” then when i tried the new password I got “That’s not the correct password for this note. Try a different password” So how do I reset the password for these notes?

iPhone 12

Posted on May 28, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 8:32 AM

Hello ~ Unfortunately you cannot unless you remember the old password. Take a look here:

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support*

*Don't forget your Notes password. Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your password. If you forget your Notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. Resetting then creating a new Notes password only allows you to lock other notes.

~Katana-San~

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2022 8:32 AM in response to JakeB1444

Hello ~ Unfortunately you cannot unless you remember the old password. Take a look here:

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support*

*Don't forget your Notes password. Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your password. If you forget your Notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. Resetting then creating a new Notes password only allows you to lock other notes.

~Katana-San~

Locked Out of Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.