Locked notes passwords

My notes are locked and I’ve tried every passwords that I can and I know Apple can’t help get the password back but they should add a feature where you can reset old notes passwords.

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 8:20 PM

Forgotten60 Said:

"Locked notes passwords: My notes are locked and I’ve tried every passwords that I can and I know Apple can’t help get the password back but they should add a feature where you can reset old notes passwords."

-------

Recovering Notes Password:

What the passcode is, is anybody's guess. So, if you have it written down somewhere, or a digital file of it, then, you can retrieve it that way. Elsewise, it is locked.

Unlocking Notes:

1. Go Here: How to Lock Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you forgot your notes password
  3. Proceed form there as necessary
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 8:20 PM in response to Forgotten60

Forgotten60 Said:

"Locked notes passwords: My notes are locked and I’ve tried every passwords that I can and I know Apple can’t help get the password back but they should add a feature where you can reset old notes passwords."

-------

Recovering Notes Password:

What the passcode is, is anybody's guess. So, if you have it written down somewhere, or a digital file of it, then, you can retrieve it that way. Elsewise, it is locked.

Unlocking Notes:

1. Go Here: How to Lock Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you forgot your notes password
  3. Proceed form there as necessary

Locked notes passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.