Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

migrate settings to new macbook (pmset)

hello team:

i have a new macbook pro and would like to migrate my old macbook pro settings to new one (pmset -g). how could i do it?

basically every time i shut down the new macbook and turn back on, all of apps (they were open when i turn the macbook off) automatically opened up, which are very annoying. i checked "System Preferences"->" Users & Groups"->"me/Admin"->"Login Items", nothing there. for those automatically started apps, i did check them one by one, none of them have "Open at login" checked.

finally i checked "pmset -g" per suggestion from google search, two systems seem to be quite different.

--- here is output from old macbook:

System-wide power settings:

Currently in use:

lidwake 1

lowpowermode 0

standbydelayhigh 86400

proximitywake 1

standby 1

standbydelaylow 10800

ttyskeepawake 1

hibernatemode 3

powernap 1

gpuswitch 2

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

highstandbythreshold 50

displaysleep 20

womp 0

networkoversleep 0

sleep 0

tcpkeepalive 1

halfdim 1

acwake 0

disksleep 10

--- from the new one:

System-wide power settings:

Currently in use:

lowpowermode 0

Sleep On Power Button 1

standby 1

ttyskeepawake 1

hibernatemode 3

powernap 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

displaysleep 10

womp 0

networkoversleep 0

sleep 0 (sleep prevented by powered, AddressBookSourceSync)

tcpkeepalive 1

disksleep 10

any suggestions?

Posted on May 28, 2022 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 9:29 PM

dave_zg Said:

"migrate settings to new macbook (pmset) hello team: i have a new macbook pro and would like to migrate my old macbook pro settings to new one (pmset -g). how could i do it?[...]"

-------

Wait a Few or Use QuickStart:

Probably the issue is because you have large content, and there are multiple items to transfer. So, give it a bit more. If no success, then cancel the transfer process, and use QuickStartLearn More here: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2022 9:29 PM in response to dave_zg

dave_zg Said:

"migrate settings to new macbook (pmset) hello team: i have a new macbook pro and would like to migrate my old macbook pro settings to new one (pmset -g). how could i do it?[...]"

-------

Wait a Few or Use QuickStart:

Probably the issue is because you have large content, and there are multiple items to transfer. So, give it a bit more. If no success, then cancel the transfer process, and use QuickStartLearn More here: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 29, 2022 4:57 PM in response to dave_zg

When logging out, restarting, or shutting down the Mac, make sure to uncheck the "Reopen windows" option on the logout/restart/shutdown confirmation screen.

It is possible those "pmset" settings may be different with different architectures such as Intel T2 Macs, earlier non-T2 Intel Macs, and newer M1 Macs.

migrate settings to new macbook (pmset)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.