Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match corrupts songs

I use iTunes match on my Apple TV (gen3 & gen4) and my iphone. The last 2 songs of The Eagles "**** Freezes Over" - Life in the Fast Lane and Desperado are corrupted. (the first 4:30 of LitFL is OK, then the rest & all of Desperado are corrupted)

Same behavior on all my devices. Album was originally ripped & uploaded, but the downloads should be Apple master copies.

How does this get resolved?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 29, 2022 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 7:55 AM

Hi,

In your iTunes / Music library you can show iCloud Status. If the tracks were uploaded rather than matched, it is likely that the original disc was faulty. Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

My matched versions of both tracks play OK. By the way, as far as I can tell, the album is not Apple Master copies.

Jim

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 7:55 AM in response to Folsom

Hi,

In your iTunes / Music library you can show iCloud Status. If the tracks were uploaded rather than matched, it is likely that the original disc was faulty. Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

My matched versions of both tracks play OK. By the way, as far as I can tell, the album is not Apple Master copies.

Jim

iTunes match corrupts songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.