Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to external display after updating to Monterey 12.4

I've just updated my MacBook Pro to Monterey 12.4 in order to install the latest version of Keynote (v12.0). Typically we run the keynote presentation on the Mac with a thunderbolt to HDMI dongle, then to an Analog Way Eikos 2 switcher, which then allows us to send the display to our projector.

Since updating the OS, our switcher can not see the display output. I've been reading that others are having trouble connecting to external displays with the new OS. Wondering if anyone knows a solution?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 29, 2022 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 4:46 PM

i think i would try an SMC reset as well as reset the NVRAM / PRAM. please see these two apple support documents:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

if that doesn't work, i would start up the mac in safe mode to see if the issue persists. see this apple support document.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

if it seems to be resolved in dafe mode, restart the mac normally and test again. sometimes a safe boot followed by a normal boot resolves issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 4:46 PM in response to MH-RTH_Production

i think i would try an SMC reset as well as reset the NVRAM / PRAM. please see these two apple support documents:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

if that doesn't work, i would start up the mac in safe mode to see if the issue persists. see this apple support document.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

if it seems to be resolved in dafe mode, restart the mac normally and test again. sometimes a safe boot followed by a normal boot resolves issues.

Can't connect to external display after updating to Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.