Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stolen MacBook Pro 16"

My laptop and iPad was recently stolen in Ibiza, Spain earlier this month. I can still track my devices on and off on find my device and I have informed the police. Im now back in Dubai and need to know whats the recommended steps to protect my data and privacy.

I have already changed my password and marked the product as lost on "find my device". if I select to erase I get a pop us saying ti will no longer be visible on "find my devices"

What's the best practice here to protect my sensitive data like password keychain and database?

My devices where all upto date on the OS with the macOS Monterey & iPad on 15.3

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 30, 2022 8:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 8:58 AM

Sujoy_c wrote:

My laptop and iPad was recently stolen in Ibiza, Spain earlier this month. I can still track my devices on and off on find my device and I have informed the police. Im now back in Dubai and need to know whats the recommended steps to protect my data and privacy.

I have already changed my password and marked the product as lost on "find my device". if I select to erase I get a pop us saying ti will no longer be visible on "find my devices"

What's the best practice here to protect my sensitive data like password keychain and database?

Your data is ecncryped by default, without an admin password— no one can access your data

If your Mac has been lost or stolen - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple ...

If necessary you can wipe the machine

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple ...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2022 8:58 AM in response to Sujoy_c

Sujoy_c wrote:

Your data is ecncryped by default, without an admin password— no one can access your data

If your Mac has been lost or stolen - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple ...

If necessary you can wipe the machine

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple ...

stolen MacBook Pro 16"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.