Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can see my Pages documents in a window my Mac but I cannot open them

I can see my Pages documents when I choose "show in window" on my Mac but I cannot open them. how can I access them?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 2:07 PM

The normal procedure for opening a Pages document from the Finder is: 1) double-click it, 2) control-click on the icon and choose Open With > Pages, or 3) drag and drop the document icon onto the Pages application icon in the Dock. Pages documents can only be opened by the Pages application and nothing else.

Select Apple () menu -> About This Mac, and from that panel, what version of macOS are you using? Click once on the Pages icon in your Applications folder and then press option+cmd+i and what version is shown?

Your choosing "show in window" lacks context, so I don't know how you are arriving at that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 2:07 PM in response to katherine afromKillaloe

The normal procedure for opening a Pages document from the Finder is: 1) double-click it, 2) control-click on the icon and choose Open With > Pages, or 3) drag and drop the document icon onto the Pages application icon in the Dock. Pages documents can only be opened by the Pages application and nothing else.

Select Apple () menu -> About This Mac, and from that panel, what version of macOS are you using? Click once on the Pages icon in your Applications folder and then press option+cmd+i and what version is shown?

Your choosing "show in window" lacks context, so I don't know how you are arriving at that.

I can see my Pages documents in a window my Mac but I cannot open them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.