Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It won’t let me update bc I have no storage. But I’ve done everything

Why won’t it let me update what can I do I’ve cleared everything I should have storage but I don’t.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:36 PM

Sofiaporrecaaaa Said:

"It won’t let me update bc I have no storage. But I’ve done everything"

-------

Clearing iPhone Space:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named System Data (formerly called "Other"). It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Use my User Tip: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 7:36 PM in response to Sofiaporrecaaaa

Sofiaporrecaaaa Said:

"It won’t let me update bc I have no storage. But I’ve done everything"

-------

Clearing iPhone Space:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named System Data (formerly called "Other"). It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Use my User Tip: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

It won’t let me update bc I have no storage. But I’ve done everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.