Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue lines on iPhone 13 Pro camera

I posted this to apple advice, but it seems like this might actually be a better place.

I’ve had my 13 Pro for about 2 months now. I was sending a random photo to a friend last night on Facebook messenger and noticed this weird set of blue lines on the image. They immediately looked like sensor damage but I’m not sure that’s actually the case.

I’ve been able to replicate it successfully in WhatsApp and Instagram (obviously all owned by meta so presumably using the same API?). The trigger seems to be digitally zooming in a small amount on the 1x lens before it switches to the 3x. The lines aren’t visible until after the image has been taken and has rendered. I also can’t replicate this in the default IOS camera so I assume this is a software bug? I’d be interested in your thoughts anyway.

I've attached the images below so you can see. I should also point out I'm running IOS 15.5

Thanks in advance,

Ben

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 31, 2022 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 2:06 AM

Hey there,

If these lines only appear in the apps you mentioned and do not appear when shooting from the camera application, you should contact the developer of those applications ☞ How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

2 replies

Blue lines on iPhone 13 Pro camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.