Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small caps

Is it possible to create a small caps short cut for Pages? I've seen questions about / solutions for this in the past, but these seem obsolete now. Ideally, I'd like to find a way to put the small caps button in my customised toolbar so that I can highlight a word and then covert it to small caps without having to to got the formatting menu, clicking on "Advanced Options", opening the drop down menu, and then selecting "small caps". Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 10:29 AM

Yes it is possible.

1. System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts
    1. Click + and select Pages
      1. Main Title: Small Caps
      2. Keyboard Shortcut: ^S
      3. Click Add

Select the text in Pages that you wish to make Small Caps and then press control+s.

Note. Some fonts do not support Small Caps, or not a very good representation of how it should appear. For instance, with Show Fonts (⌘+T), choose Hoefler Text and the left end of the toolbar, there is a ⚙ icon and on its sub-menu is Typography… Take a look and you will see Small Caps support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 10:29 AM in response to MKindellan13

Yes it is possible.

1. System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts
    1. Click + and select Pages
      1. Main Title: Small Caps
      2. Keyboard Shortcut: ^S
      3. Click Add

Select the text in Pages that you wish to make Small Caps and then press control+s.

Note. Some fonts do not support Small Caps, or not a very good representation of how it should appear. For instance, with Show Fonts (⌘+T), choose Hoefler Text and the left end of the toolbar, there is a ⚙ icon and on its sub-menu is Typography… Take a look and you will see Small Caps support.

Small caps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.