Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse Cursor changes sizes across monitors

Strange happenings on a MacPro (late 2013) running Catalina 10.15.7. The cursor is very large on one of the two apple 27" monitors and the correct size on the other. Cursor size is set to normal in the Accessibility menu. It seemed to start when I opened a fairly memory intensive file in Illustrator, but I cannot confirm that. It is entirely possible that I have accidentally typed some keyboard shortcut, but I cannot confirm that either. I have reset the PRAM (CMD, OPT, P, R on startup) and reset Illustrator (CMD, OPT, CNTRL, SHFT) back to factory settings

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Posted on May 31, 2022 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 9:55 AM

Both monitors are set to the same resolution, right?

What if you exchange what port the monitors are plugged into? Does it follow the monitor? Or the port?

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Is the cursor the right size in both monitors when in Safe Mode?

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 9:55 AM in response to digitalsam

Both monitors are set to the same resolution, right?

What if you exchange what port the monitors are plugged into? Does it follow the monitor? Or the port?

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Is the cursor the right size in both monitors when in Safe Mode?

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Mouse Cursor changes sizes across monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.