Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to power my iPhone X off

I currently have a iphone X.I've done my research and I've learned that most iPhone exes have an issue where a part of the screen does not work. Because of this issue I'm unable to power my phone off if it has run into a problem. For example today my sound was not working so I tried powering it off but since this junk my screen does not work I was unable to do so. I was hoping to know if there is an alternative way to turn off my phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:50 PM

if you run into an issue.. you should probably restart your iPhone rather than power it off right?

You can do a force restart without needing to use the slider

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

You could also use Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch, turn on the switch, then go into Customize Top Level Menu, set to 1 icon, tap on the icon, select 'Device' from the list..

Now you'll have a little white circle on your screen that's always there, so might be annoying.. but you can move it around..

anyways, you'd tap that, select Device, select More, then select Restart, tap Restart again in the popup

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 7:50 PM in response to julia_osten

if you run into an issue.. you should probably restart your iPhone rather than power it off right?

You can do a force restart without needing to use the slider

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

You could also use Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch, turn on the switch, then go into Customize Top Level Menu, set to 1 icon, tap on the icon, select 'Device' from the list..

Now you'll have a little white circle on your screen that's always there, so might be annoying.. but you can move it around..

anyways, you'd tap that, select Device, select More, then select Restart, tap Restart again in the popup

Unable to power my iPhone X off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.