Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 not working with Jabra and Jaybird headsets/ earphones?

Has anyone used Apple Watch Series 7 with the below:

• Jabra Evolve2 65 headset
  • Jaybird X3 earphones

I have recently purchased Apple Watch Series 7 and the audio is extremely patchy when I use the above headset/ earphones with it. I own an Apple Watch Series 3 and these devices work well with that.

What can be the issue? How can I make it work? Has anyone been successfully using these devices with Apple Watch Series 7?

Best Regards,

Bhakti

Posted on May 31, 2022 11:35 PM

10 replies

Jun 2, 2022 9:02 AM in response to BhaktiC

Hi Bhakti,

Since this happens with your new Apple Watch only, there may be a setting that is different between the old and new Apple Watch. One setting that comes to mind is wrist detection. Perhaps the audio issues are occurring when your Apple Watch doesn't detect your wrist. To turn it off and test, do the following:

1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap Passcode, then turn Wrist Detection on or off.

Those steps and more can be found in Lock or unlock Apple Watch - Apple Support.

If the same continues, does this happen with all audio or only certain apps like calls, music, etc.? Is your iPhone nearby? If this happens with music, are songs downloaded or streaming?

Take care.

Jun 2, 2022 3:53 PM in response to faith185

Hello faith185,

Thanks for your response.

The settings look same on both the watches. I have also tried turning Wrist Detection off as per your suggestion, it did not work unfortunately.

I haven't been able to try with the calls yet, have tried Audible books that have already been downloaded to my Apple Watch and also tried Albums and Radio on Music app. All have this issue, streamed or downloaded.

Best Regards.

Apple Watch Series 7 not working with Jabra and Jaybird headsets/ earphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.