Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only one AirPod works at a time

Dear Team, only one airpod works at a time, when i insert the left as a start i can hear music, when i insert the right it transfers to the right only and left stops working,

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 8:45 AM

Mabujaro,

With your AirPods connected to your Mac, please launch System Preferences > Sound. Is the balance for output set to the middle? What happens if you change it to one side or the other? You can also open Sound Preferences from the sound icon in the menu bar, if it shows there. Change the sound output settings on Mac

Thanks.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 8:45 AM in response to Mabujaro

Mabujaro,

With your AirPods connected to your Mac, please launch System Preferences > Sound. Is the balance for output set to the middle? What happens if you change it to one side or the other? You can also open Sound Preferences from the sound icon in the menu bar, if it shows there. Change the sound output settings on Mac

Thanks.

Jun 2, 2022 8:11 AM in response to Mabujaro

Hi Mabujaro,

Does the same issue continue if you reset your AirPods? How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support Resetting AirPods makes your phone forget your AirPods and resets the settings, which might help resolve this issue you're encountering.

If you use an iPhone with your AirPods, you'll also want to make sure that is fully up-to-date, as that might help as well:

Let us know how that goes.

Take care.

Jun 2, 2022 8:31 AM in response to Mabujaro

Mabujaro,

Thanks for following up and providing additional information. We want to make sure we understand the issue. Both AirPods work as expected on your iPhone? Does this issue occur only when using the Music app on your MacBook Pro? Does the issue continue after restarting the Mac?

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

Jun 2, 2022 9:03 AM in response to Mabujaro

Got it, Mabujaro,

Were you able to hear out of both AirPods when you adjust the balance?

If you create a new user account to test your AirPods, do you experience the same behavior?

To create a new user account, you can go to the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.

Click the lock icon, then enter an administrator name and password.

Click the add button (+) below the list of users.

Complete the fields shown for an Administrator account, then click Create Account (or OK).

Once you’ve created the new account, go to the Apple menu  > Log Out, then log in with the new account to test.

If you're unable to reproduce the same behavior in a new user account, you may consider troubleshooting your login items as outlined here: Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac

If you're still unable to isolate the behavior of your AirPods while connected to your Mac, we'd also suggest that you reach out to Apple directly here: Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Kind regards.

Jun 2, 2022 8:19 AM in response to claire504

Dear Claire,

thanks for your reply and efforts,

i tried resetting the AirPods following the instructions twice with no luck,

kindly note this issue is not being faced on my iPhone device and only faced on my MacBook Pro a month ago, I have updated to the latest os as well, still facing issue after a recent update just couple days back, not sure if this is a device related issue or a software etc,

best,

AJ

Only one AirPod works at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.