Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts Disappear After Save

I have been using Apple since the IPhone’s Launch. At some point in my journey around IPhone 12-13… I started experiencing saved contacts disappearing or appearing as if they were never saved. At times I will gather my staff together and demonstrate actually saving a contact for their eyes only to have one of them call me and the assigned name will not pop up in the phone when the call is made. It’s not only embarrassing but extremely frustrating. I am always getting jokes… “you don’t have me saved in your phone”? The madness doesn’t end there. My contacts are extremely importing to my daily work and often they disappear with clients or contractors. I begin almost every call explaining that my contact on IPhone are acting funny so please remind more who is calling. Yesterday I decided to fix this once or start a new iCloud/Apple ID. Help me please not go through this pain. This is one of the most important aspects of my phone.

I want to say that on some days all of a sudden all my contacts are there. Then next moment they are only part there.

I have attached a screenshot of one of my instances of contacts gone crazy. Here the name of the person AND there number are shown on the call log. Literally the only number I have for this person. One instance is shows his name and the next time he calls no name appears. Again this is the same contact. Even in different applications it doesn’t not consistently and predictably show the contact as saved.

HELP! Please!!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 11:37 PM

Hi. Aarondolsen.

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Commiserations!

We'd like to help troubleshoot.

Wondering

✽ which iPhone model you are using,

✽ which iOS version is installed,

and

✽ whether or not you use iCloud, and

✽ if so, ... are contacts synced to iCloud ... and remain in iCloud ?

Sometimes, if not done already, updating to the newest iOS version (i.e. iOS 15.5) can be a good step.

Apple support articles:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

Create or edit contacts in Contacts on iCloud.com – Apple Support

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Suppor

All the best :-).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 11:37 PM in response to Aarondolsen

Hi. Aarondolsen.

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Commiserations!

We'd like to help troubleshoot.

Wondering

✽ which iPhone model you are using,

✽ which iOS version is installed,

and

✽ whether or not you use iCloud, and

✽ if so, ... are contacts synced to iCloud ... and remain in iCloud ?

Sometimes, if not done already, updating to the newest iOS version (i.e. iOS 15.5) can be a good step.

Apple support articles:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

Create or edit contacts in Contacts on iCloud.com – Apple Support

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Suppor

All the best :-).

Contacts Disappear After Save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.