Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download iCloud files via Finder

I can download iCloud files via iCloud in my browser, but not using the Finder. Which is incredibly frustrating. Can anyone help....

Macbook Pro 2022, using Monterey OS

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 8:34 AM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Colin Lamberton

Hello Colin,

We'd be happy to help with your iCloud Files. Just to be sure and to help us, help you, could you provide us details of what happens when you try to download files from iCloud in Finder? Are you able to access the files at all? The following resource may help with using iCloud Files with your Mac: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Let us know if the issue continues.

Best!

Jun 3, 2022 6:35 AM in response to Colin Lamberton

Hi Colin,

Thanks for letting us know. This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have when trying to download files to your Mac, and we are going to do everything we can to help you. With that being said, to help us to isolate your issue further, please try booting your computer into safe mode and let us know if you are experiencing the same problems there as well, and we’ll continue from there.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 3, 2022 2:07 AM in response to M_Alva523

When I go to finder I see that a folder or file I need is not immediately available — It is stored in the iCloud, and I see the little symbol next to it.

So I click the symbol, which normally begins it downloading, but nothing happens. I checked the wifi and that's really fast.

I can only download if I go to iCloud, log in, and then download a new copy. Which is inefficient.

It seems to be that the download symbol is not working for some reason.

Any help much appreciated!

Cannot download iCloud files via Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.